Whether it’s personal injury due to motor vehicle accidents, drunk driving accidents, no-fault insurance, dog bites, or slip/trip & fall, the Law Offices of Michael J. Alber will be able to represent you.
When it comes to Matrimonial/Family Law, the Law Offices of Michael J. Alber will provide you with representation that is second to none. We handle everything from divorce, separation agreements, child custody and support, equitable distribution, maintenance/alimony, and orders of protection.
Criminal / Federal Defense
All criminal charges are a rough and trying time in one’s life. No matter what charges you are facing, let our firm take those fears and concerns off of your shoulders and put them on ours.
Whether you are a Landlord or a Tenant and you are having a dispute involving your living situation, let our firm help you achieve your goals.
- For 2017, managing partner Michael Alber was recognized by SuperLawyers, as a rising star. In addition, for 2017, Mr. Alber has been recognized as a Distinguished Justice Advocate, an honor reserved for only 1% of the lawyers in America, and 100 lawyers per state throughout the United States. Distinguished Justice Advocates reviews honors, awards, and trial results before selection.
- People v. BM-BM was accused of Driving while impaired by drugs. He is also accused of resisting arrest. He is alleged to have proceeded through a check point. Due to constitutional violations, the evidence in the case was suppressed.
- People v. DM-On Defense motion, the case was dismissed. DM was accused of choking another during an incident. After two years and several appearances the case was dismissed.
- On August 9, 2016, after not seeing his child for over one and a half years due to the Government’s pursuit of criminal charges, Mr. D.S. was found not guilty of all charges by a jury after trial. Mr. D.S. was accused of Assault of a child, Endangering the Welfare of a Child, and Criminal Obstruction of Breathing or Blood Circulation.
Congratulations to Michael J. Alber, Esq. for being selected to the “Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense Lawyers in New York”!
- CONGRATULATIONS TO MANAGING PARTNER MICHAEL ALBER FOR BEING SELECTED TO THE TOP 100 NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS FOR 2015
- SUFFOLK COUNTY MAN AFTER BEING ACCUSED OF RAPING A WOMAN IN HER HOME HAS HIS CASE DISMISSED
- Suppression of marijuana pipe granted after hearings on a case involving allegations of Driving While Intoxicated and fleeing from police.
- Amityville man accused of shooting another person has case dismissed in Suffolk County
- After two days of deliberations, Valley Stream woman acquitted of driving while intoxicated with an allegation that her blood alcohol level was two times the legal limit, and that she almost crashed her vehicle.
- Suffolk woman accused of D-Felony charges has her case outright dismissed.
- After trial Huntington man acquitted of multiple counts alleging assault and harassment of a prior attorney.
- After two days of pre-trial hearings, Brooklyn man has 26 out of 27 counts of a felony indictment dismissed, and pleads to one misdemeanor in satisfaction of all charges.
- After trial firm successfully opposed a modification of child support.
- A-Felony Drug Charges dismissed for a Nassau County man
- Robbery Charges Dismissed for suffolk county man
- Possession of a forged instrument case ends with a dismissal
- Charge of criminal solicitation ends in a not-guilty verdict
- DWI chemical test refusal ends in a not-guilty verdict
In The News
After suppression hearings in the People of the State of New York v. PM, a...November 18, 2016
People of the State of New York v. LH, the jury delivered a not guilty...November 18, 2016
After originally being charged with Fleeing the Scene of an Accident, Driving While Intoxicated, Resisting...August 11, 2016
Being a parent is no easy task and no easy responsibility. Divorce can negatively impact...August 11, 2016
More about us
Michael Alber is the founding member of Law Offices of Michael J. Alber. As a former Assistant District Attorney for Nassau County, Mr. Alber has acquired a unique set of litigation skills, which allows him to achieve success in the civil and criminal courts.
The Law Offices of Michael J. Alber handle all types of law including Personal Injury, Matrimonial/Family, Criminal Defense, Federal Defense, and Real Estate.
Our focus is to do everything we can to make sure that no matter what charges you are facing, we provide you with the best possible representation and to put your best interests and needs first.
The Law Offices of Michael J. Alber practice law in the Five Boroughs, Nassau and Suffolk County.