Real Estate

Landlord/Tenant Issues and Real Estate Transactions

Landlord/Tenant Issues

If you are a landlord in one of the Five Boroughs, Nassau or Suffolk County and you want to evict your tenant, or if you are a tenant in one of the Five Boroughs, Nassau or Suffolk County who has a landlord who is violating the terms of your lease agreement or your right to live in suitable living conditions, call The Law Offices of Michael J. Alber. Our team of experience attorney’s has represented mobile home parks, apartment complexes, landlords, homeowners, and tenants in a wide variety of legal disputes involving landlord/tenant matters.

Landlord/Tenant proceedings are technical in nature, and they are commenced in the local district courts as expedited proceedings. If the notice of petition and/or petition is improperly drafted or served, oftentimes the proceeding will be dismissed.  If the proceeding is dismissed, it forces the petitioner to start the proceeding all over again. Our attorney’s know the consequences of the landlord-tenant practice, and we take care in drafting the appropriate legal documents and our team of attorneys’ are diligent in the timely filing of all necessary documents.

If you are a landlord and choose to evict a tenant for a viable reason, such as, failure to pay rent, for violating the provisions of the lease agreement, or for staying past the time a lease agreement has expired or been terminated, the lawyers at The Law Offices of Michael J. Alber are here to fight for you. We will prepare all paperwork, ensure that the tenant is properly served, conduct all proceedings in court, prepare the judgment of possession and warrant of eviction, and file those documents with the sheriff to collect on a money judgment and to evict your tenant.

If you are a tenant and your landlord is violating the terms of your lease, or seeking to evict you, call The Law Offices of Michael J. Alber to make sure your rights are protected. Our team of attorneys will raise the appropriate defenses to any action commenced, including a breach of your warrantee of habitability, meaning, your landlord has not been providing you with suitable living conditions, or to seek abatement or offset of rent.

Real Estate Transactions

If you buying or selling your home, an investment property, a coop, a condo, or simply transferring real estate contact The Law Offices of Michael J. Alber.  Our team of attorneys can provide you with the best legal services for all residential and commercial real estate transactions.  We will provide you with effective legal guidance to assure that your transaction is adequately prepared, negotiated and closed.  If you are looking into buying or selling a commercial office space, our staff of attorneys possess the the needed experience necessary to represent you in a manner that will best protect your rights and interests. Our firm will do everything that is necessary to make sure that you are taken care of the fullest, including search of title, survey the property, zoning regulations, forward looking warranties and guaranties.  The Law Offices of Michael J. Alber have what it takes to make the process of residential or commercial purchases or sales an easy and smooth process for you.

Contact Us for a No Cost, No Obligation Consultation Whether you are a Landlord or a Tenant and you are having a dispute involving your living situation, call The Law Offices of Michael J. Alber, ESQ., 631-462-6900 or email us at MALBER@ALBERLEGAL.COM.

Take advantage of our free initial consultation to discuss your matter and find out whether we can help you achieve your goals.


Contact for Consultation